On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

>  Cheers,
> Philip, who has heard of countries where people's blood group is
> routinely included in biographies and on resumes
> --
> Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>

Taiwan is one such place.  The gossipy little lists of factoids on
popculture figures that were ubiquitous in teen magazines always seemed to
include blood type along side astrological sign (Chinese and Western),
favorite color, height and weight, and other such blahblahblah.  I was
frequently asked my blood type, which, like one's astrological sign, is
supposed to reveal all maner of arcane bits of one's personality and
destiny.  And yes, this information was something worthy of inclusion in a
CV.

Adam