On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:55 AM, And Rosta <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Unevolvable, but not uninventable and perhaps not unspeakable. But (I think,
> based on my current understanding of the loglang problem and the human
> language faculty) unacquirable.

Do you mean that loglangs with this property would be learnable only
by formal study, and not by immersion?  That seems plausible to me.

Can we infer that Livagia has another, more naturalistic language
which is used in informal contexts, and is acquired natively by
children, who then learn formal, loglangy Livagian in school?  That's
not entirely unlike the situation in the Middle Ages, when people
learned a whole other language (Latin) when they (the few who did)
learned to read and write.   It would be interesting if that
naturalistic everyday language simply had no written form, or at least
no standardized written form -- perhaps there are local, informal
conventions about how to adapt the Livagian writing system to the
phonology of particular dialects of the everyday language.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/