On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 22:55:33 -0600, Logan Kearsley wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Basilius wrote:
>>  Imagine a future English using
>> expressions like "That one, forget what sex you said they were" :)
>
>Given the surprising complexity of assigning every possible individual
>to the correct biological sex, let alone much more complicated social
>genders, and an appropriate SF setting that makes the more exotic
>options far more common and open to social awareness, that might turn
>out to be a not-at-all unusual or offensive sentence.

IMO such an expression emphasizes lack of interest in the personality it
refers to, so it has all chances to sound disparaging, no matter what habits
of encoding biological sex in pronouns are going to be accepted in the future.

BTW, the language I'm designing is supposed to be spoken by a neolithic tribe.

-- Basilius