Patrick Durusau says:

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Patrick Durusau <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> An individual membership drive will have to await the TEI having some
> tangible benefits to members.
>
> I chose to join the TEI as a subscriber (I think this is what Patrick means
by "individual membership" as opposed to institutional membership) as soon
as the option became available. I get a discount on the conference
registration, which is a bit of a benefit, but I really did it because I
wanted to show my dedication to the TEI in as tangible way as I could, since
I no longer have as much time as I have in the past to work on the technical
aspects of the TEI. So for me, it hasn't really been about the benefit. I do
wish, given the recent events on the board, that I could have a vote, as a
subscriber. Perhaps giving subscribers the right to vote for council and
board would encourage more people to subscribe. It would make me feel like I
have more of a say in the direction of the Consortium.

Dot

--
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)