I don't disagree with that, but I'd set the accents a little differently.
In the technical community in which you do some of your work the
technologies you refer to probably work quite well.  But as far as I can
see, neither the TEI Council nor the TEI Board currently consist (or are
likely to consist in the foreseeable future) entirely or even largely of
individuals for whom these new forms of communication are second nature.
Not to speak of the fact that a many-to-many virtual meeting of a dozen
people across three continents and half a dozen time zones with full
support of video and shared access to the same screen page is way beyond
the technical and financial resources of the institutions where the Board
and Council members work. We're not there yet and won't be there for quite
a while.

MM