Martin,

On 8/28/2011 8:06 PM, Martin Mueller wrote:
> I don't disagree with that, but I'd set the accents a little differently.
> In the technical community in which you do some of your work the
> technologies you refer to probably work quite well.  But as far as I can
> see, neither the TEI Council nor the TEI Board currently consist (or are
> likely to consist in the foreseeable future) entirely or even largely of
> individuals for whom these new forms of communication are second nature.
> Not to speak of the fact that a many-to-many virtual meeting of a dozen
> people across three continents and half a dozen time zones with full
> support of video and shared access to the same screen page is way beyond
> the technical and financial resources of the institutions where the Board
> and Council members work. We're not there yet and won't be there for quite
> a while.

I don't know about the shared screen pages unless you are comfortable
with Google Docs (free) and I haven't tried Skype video, but all it
requires is a "premium" individual account for one of the callers.
(About $60/year. I have one and I am sure others do as well.)

Not the system crashing memory pigs that some vendors are pushing as
collaborative environments but sometimes simple solutions are the best
ones.

Hope you are at the start of a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34