HI Gabby,

Typically I keep these in external files. When querying an XML database
to get back a single TEI file, though, I'll often import all the
<person> or <place> elements which are linked from that particular file,
and place them in <back>, so I have a single internally-coherent XML
structure for processing with XSLT. I have also put them in the
<teiHeader>, though.

Cheers,
Martin

--