Hiya,

Like Torsten I've always felt nervous about putting these in
<back> because they are not actual appendices to the text I'm
transcribing (ok, I recognise this distinction may not exist for
born digital documents, where they might be considered
appendices). So I instead have convinced myself that they are
supplementary information I use to describe the source, and thus
put them in sourceDesc where they are conveniently allowed.  I'm
not arguing that is correct, just describing what I've done in
the past.  I have also, of course, just stored them separately
and pointed *to* them as separate files, not feeling any need to
suck them all in (virtually or otherwise) into a single file.

My two pence,

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, InfoDev,