Is anyone out there using an XML database to drive an interface for
gathering user-contributed content (e.g. data entry of some kind)? If
so, I'd be really interested in knowing:

--what sort of scale? How many users overall? How many simultaneous
users?
--what kinds of data are being entered?
--what XML database are you using?
--any pitfalls or difficulties you've encountered?

We're planning a fairly substantial data-gathering exercise in which
users would be using a form to enter bibliographic data and possibly
also transcriptions of short documents, and we're curious about
performance and also any back-end design challenges.

Thank you so much for any advice--

best wishes, Julia

Julia Flanders
Women Writers Project