Il giorno lun, 22/08/2011 alle 19.50 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz ha scritto:
> I think Gabriel expresses things well.
>
> I _am_ content to give John U (who has the respect of us all, I am sure)
> time to look into what happened; and for the people on the Board to have a decent chance to explain
> why they felt it necessary to take such a major decision. But I _do_ want to hear eventually,
> not least because it may substantially affect the way we vote for the next election, and
> whether or not we stand for election. The deadline for proposing candidates for TEI Board
> and Council is in a couple of weeks, and I want more info before then.

As a member of the TEI community (not a developer, or an editor: a
simple user and teacher of TEI technologies) I wholeheartedly agree with
Elena, Gabriel and Sebastian. I have been following the evolution and
growth of the community for quite some time now, and this is the worst
crisis I ever had a chance to see. John Unsworth has my gratitude and
trust to take hold and chair the TEI Board, but we can't just go ahead
pretending nothing has happened; at the very least, if there are
procedural problems with the current Bylaws/Board functioning they have
to be fixed, and that can't happen if we just turn our back to the
recent past.

Ciao

	Roberto

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      roberto.rossellidelturco at unito.it
Dipartimento di Scienze         rosselli at ling.unipi.it
del Linguaggio                  Then spoke the thunder  DA
Universita' di Torino           Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)