Hi Lisa,

UnicodeChecker <http://earthlingsoft.net/UnicodeChecker/> installs a service that allows you to convert HTML entities like &#x13250; to 𓉐 (hi, does anybody see me?), in oXygen and other apps.

Syd's approach to use the Character Viewer (in the flag menu) is probably the easiest if you wish to pick a hieroglyph from a list.

Hieroglyphs display nicely in apps like TextEdit and Nisus Writer. If you set the default editor font to e.g. Aegyptus <http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/>, you will see them in oXygen as well. oXygen does not know, like native Mac OS apps, how to retrieve a font that renders a given character if a font rendering the character in question is not specified.

Cheers,

Jens