Herbert,

The fullest statement available at the moment, regarding recent changes on
the Board, is the one at http://bit.ly/qRzQzk (which link I posted to this
list on August 19, in a message at
http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1108&L=TEI-L&P=R7009).
I am currently interviewing each of the board members, and Martin Mueller,
in order to deliver to the TEI community a summary of substantive issues on
which candidates for the upcoming election, and current members of the
board, may want to state their positions.  There will be four  seats on the
board up for election in the voting that begins September 9th and concludes
with the members meeting in mid-October, so I would encourage those who are
even potentially interested in standing for election to be in touch with
John Walsh ([log in to unmask]) or me, or both, and I hope to provide an
overview of these issues in the coming week.

John Unsworth
Interim Chair, TEI Board