To add to Lou's list, here's another one I set up a few years back for
the State Library of Victoria:
http://nishi.slv.vic.gov.au/latrobejournal/index.html

The TEI source of each journal includes a <facsimile> and a <group> of
<text> elements, linked by @facs on the <pb/> elements, if I recall
correctly. So the correspondence is only at the page level (there are no
<zone> elements).

In the website, we provided two ways to read the text: either the

On the facsimile pages, the margin contains hyperlinks to the relevant
transcription pages (i.e. to representations of all the <text> elements
which correspond to the current <surface>). On the transcript pages, the
margin contains hyperlinks (with thumbnails) to the corresponding
facsimile pages (i.e. to representations of all the <surface> elements
on which a portion of the current <text> is inscribed).

Conal

--
Conal Tuohy
eResearch Business Analyst