On 04/08/11 17:07, Tomaz Erjavec wrote:

> But it turns out that things like<msItemStruct class="#nrss_type_sermon
> #nrss_author_ecclesial">  are invalid because of the @class value.

Are you sure? Looking at the definition of this attribute, I see that it
is defined (like other such attributes) in the ODD as

>  <datatype minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>         <ref xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0" name="data.pointer"/>
>       </datatype>

so its value *is* repeatable.

> - the example gives the @class without the #, which is dangerously
> misleading - for a while there we thought, well, data.code for some reason
> does not use #, so we here happily writing @class="nrss_type_sermon
> nrss_author_ecclesial", which does validate, but is probably nonsense.
> So, would this be an error or two in the Guidelines?

Yes, this is an error. There should be a # on that value!

> And a related question: we actually thought to link the @class values to a
> taxonomy, but reading the definition, I see that it is meant only for
> linking to textClass.

That is clearly wrong. Well spotted!

I think this is a fixable bug : obviously @class should point to one or
more <category> elements within a <taxonomy>, or to one or more
classification entries in some external thesaurus.