Hi,
I am completing a very small project using TEI. An edition of a short medieval
technical text that appears in various states of completion and variation in
several medieval manuscripts. And I am frustrated at the workarounds I have
to do (such as how to represent lines of manuscript - or page breaks - or
lacunae - that overlap with document elements -such as paragraphs or divs -
or even readings in the various sources).
I'm also concerned about the level of markup I am including with my
transcriptions and prefer the method of making the best diplomatic
transcriptions I can of each text and then running it through an automatic
collation software like Juxta. Ideally this would be how I would best like to
present this edition - and then include annotations that would overlay this -
with my critical commentary.
Will TEI be moving in this direction?
I note in the presentation given at the summer school in Oxford on digital
editing gives the reference to Multi-version documents
http://multiversiondocs.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-04-
16T14%3A35%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=3
AND
http://www.mvdtestbed.net/mvdgui/
Having read up on this last night this would seem much more like I would like to
do - but is such an approach likely to become mainstream?
Grateful for any discussion of this topic,
Thanks!