On 23 Aug 2011, at 23:22, Wendell Piez wrote:
> a way I expect it to be processed. But presumably the TEI Consortium
> could refuse me the use of namespace
> "http://tei-c.org/ns/experimental/wendell2011a" until I demonstrated the
> utility and suitability of my nifty new tag set for others (maybe
> meeting a two-implementation requirement?), documented it to its
> standards with worked examples, and offered a dumbing-down
> transformation into 80% TEI to accommodate anyone who didn't want to
> support the tagging natively.

I think there is a lot of merit in the development of best practice in this area;
I think the respectable projects which seriously customize the TEI do
exactly this already.

My only requestion is that your dumbing-down algorithm is embedded in/linked to
your ODD  - in the ways which are not yet well-understood or used :-}
--
Sebastian Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group, Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente