On 24 Aug 2011, at 16:28, Mandell, Laura C. Dr. wrote:
> … all indicate some kind of drive for
> purity. ….I'm just wondering to myself what it means that
> what is said needs to be said in these ways.

Partly, I assume, because the current recession in many
of our countries has brought the "cut back", "minimize",
"be more efficient", "economize" attitudes to the fore.
In the same way that you can't afford to experiment
with space travel any more, so the argument goes that
deep encoding is a luxury.

Secondly, who can ignore the Google factor? Greg Crane
has been banging on at "What do youdo with a million books?"
for ages now, and its profound, it _is_ a game changer.

--
Sebastian Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group

Sólo le pido a Dios