On 25 Aug 2011, at 13:51, Martin Holmes wrote:

>> Although my heart sinks at the work involved, we could/should formally
>> record these links, and then generating the programme which resolves them
>> is trivial. similarly<div1>  ==<div type="div1">
>
> What about <div1 type="chapter">? Do @type values get concatenated with
> intervening spaces, or does the existing @type value trump the "div1" value?
or <div type="div1" subtype="chapter">

yes, I know this is fraught….

>> but reducing the whole TEI set to those three seems to go too far...
>
> I think that would clearly be too far -- I see no reason to exclude
> <head>, <p> and many others.

agreed, but where does draw the line? Word manages to do entire
office documents with a tagset consist of <ab> and <span>, effectively (excluding
tables), they don't each have headings or containers. I AM NOT SUGGESTING
WE FOLLOW THIS :-}

--
Sebastian Rahtz
Head of Information and Support Group