Does Access have a "Save as XML data" option? The Excel problem does not seem the size of the data set per se, but the saving it as XML.

As long as I import the original data into a spreadsheet and keep it in Excel format, everying is OK. The problem of data loss only occurrs when I try to save it as XML data again.

Godfried

--
Dr. Godfried Croenen
(currently Lester Cappon Fellow at the Newberry Library, Chicago)