Merrilee Proffitt asked me to correct an error in my letter, which I have done, and with her permission I post her email to me.

From: "Proffitt,Merrilee" <proffitm@[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:17:49 -0400
To: Martin Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TEI letter

Hi Martin!

I saw your TEI letter – quite a bit of food for thought in there. You were quite frank, and I hope your suggestions (and honesty) will be well received.

If you are able to make a small correction – our dues range between $4000 and $9000, and are tied to the library’s operating budget. You can find the dues schedule here:

http://www.oclc.org/research/partnership/agreement.pdf

I only ask that you correct this because the institutions that are currently paying $4000 would LOVE to pay $1000 and would be quite upset if they thought there was a hidden lower tier.

All best,

Merrilee

Merrilee Proffitt, Senior Program Officer
OCLC Research
777 Mariners Island Blvd Suite 550
San Mateo, CA 94404 USA
+1-650-287-2136