On 7 September 2011 04:30, Daniel Bowman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Every year on (or around) my conlang's birthday, I send out an email into
> the abyss describing the last year and how it affected my language.
>
> This year is special.  It marks the halfway point in my life-half of my
> life
> has been spent as a conlanger, and half has not.

Congratulations! I think I passed that point quite a while ago already,
probably 7 to 8 years ago.

> Thirteen years ago, I inscribed the sentence "aria zkio algialtha" on a
> paper, probably while sitting in 7th grade math class.
>
> I think analyzed this sentence to mean "Algialtha is beautiful".
>
> Three years later, I developed a VSO language called "Angosey", basing its
> grammar on this phrase.
>
> Thirteen years later, I've got over 1400 words, a corpus with over 200
> pages
> (including English commentary and translation), and probably hundreds of
> hours spent building a language that does not exist.

I am envious of people who can actually develop a vocabulary. My oldest,
still living conlang (in that I didn't abandon it), Moten, is nearly 18
years old, and it has a (checked and approved) vocabulary of 148 roots (with
217 glosses, not counting affixes), and no corpus to speak of.
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/