From: "Jim Henry" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [CONLANG] "Hire us" in various conlangs with interesting
orthographies

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:14 AM, Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> --- On Wed, 8/10/11, Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> The Language Creation Society is
>> working on a flyer or poster
>> advertising our professional services. (Discussion is
>> ongoing on the
>> LCS members mailing list.) We'd like to decorate it
>> with graphics of
>> the phrase "Hire us!" (or some concultural equivalent --

> Still working on it; the problem is Kash doesn't have a word for "hire"
> yet :-((((( I'm thinking of a contracted compound of 'rent + work' which
> will take its object in the genitive. Or how about "allow us to create a
> language for you" or some such? Image is another problem-- jpg or png OK?

The poster was created a couple of weeks ago.  We may probably be
creating one or more other posters for different target audiences, at
some point, but I'm not sure we need more orthography images.  Don't
rush it, anyway.  And any concultural equivalent of the phrase is
fine.

I think the designer said an .svg would be best, or failing that, a
high-resolution png or jpg.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/