One thing I think is clear from this exercise -- there is no such thing
as a "quick" or "simple" survey among conlangers. Either that, or
conlangers have the worst reading comprehension in the world! So far,
every response I've seen on list gives not the number of languages one
has studied, but a list of languages one has studied, discussion on how
the langauges are used, concern over what is actually meant by "study",
etc.

Far more interesting to me than the pure number of languages studied is
the case study in survey response behavior among our group!

Padraic