John,

I have not experimented with conjugating nouns, but I do inflect
postpositions for tense.  This leads to similar possibilities:

"I saw the cat that was in the box"  is therefore I saw the cat in-PAST the
box.

The only issue I had was that, in general, the postposition tense agreed
with the verb tense, so I didn't have many opportunities to use it as I do
in the above example.  Since my conlang Angosey is a corpus conlang (in
other words, I use it to do a fair bit of writing, both in my diary and in
stories), I found that having tense-inflected verbs more convenient than
both tensed verbs and tensed postpositions, and the postpositional tenses
decreased in frequency.  However, I do still use them from time to time.

I suspect, though, that my adherence to verb tenses may be because all the
languages I have experience with (English, French, Kiswahili, Korean), all
mark verbs for tense.  So it may be a familiarity issue rather than a
practical one.  In any case, I advise you to go for tensed nouns, and let us
know how it works.  If you find that tenses just keep migrating to the verb,
you'll have had a similar experience to mine.  However, if you find that
noun tenses work well, you'll truly have come up with something different.

Best of luck!

Danny