Philip Newton, On 27/09/2011 15:50:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 19:50, And Rosta<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> there are so few skilled speakers (there's at least
>> one, but possibly only one)
>
> Whom are you thinking of? Jorge Llambias? Robin Lee Powell? Nick
> Nicholas? Robert LeChevalier? Someone else?

I meant Jorge Llambias, who, certainly among nonprofessional linguists, is probably the most talented linguist I've ever had the pleasure to know, certainly one of the highlights of my 22 years on the internet. I don't know about others, such as Brett, who appeared on the scene after I stopped reading Lojban. RLP and NSN are/were both fluent, but, rightly or wrongly, I wouldn't have confidence that either (1) there would be proper congruence between what they intended to express and what, according to the formal language specification, they actually said, or (2) any such incongruence would be conscious and deliberate.

--And.