On 21 October 2011 12:46, Daniel Burgener <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In Brenjak, implying that someone is applying the scientific method
> incorrectly is a very vulgar insult.

Hah! I like that one. Especially because I can totally see it working
that way in my social circle, irrespective of language.

Makes me want to contrive a grammaticalization of bayesian logic or
something like that. Some excuse for making it easier to say "update
probability distribution on infinitesimal priors" than to say "find
out everything you know is wrong".

Sadly, I haven't done much conculturing in years, which leaves me
rather lacking in ideas of what would be especially insulting to
speakers of my artlangs.

-l.