On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

{!ƥ-vuj sřm tâlm ĥy-i mwe.}

they-physical top-from-part.of head patient-at imperative

One must affect his/her/their head(s), so that they cease to be the

 top part of their bodies.

(Context should clarify that multiple third-person referents and heads
 thereof are intended.)
#

                Now that I think about it, there may be an entire genre of
nonsense that gzb could create, but which may be difficult in other
languages.  For instance, gzb has a suffix that can turn something general
into something specific, and so, in a way, a cat can become a generic
animal.  In dialogue this could lend itself to all sorts of fun
constructions.  Tea could be the specific word and water the generic word
(or visa-versa).  Perhaps “Cheshire cat” is the generic word, and words for
animal come from that.  Or perhaps mushroom could become a verb for
speaking, when one is a caterpillar.  Flamingo could be the basic word for
mallet.  The characters themselves can create all sorts of compounds that
only make sense to themselves in the logic of Wonderland.

                Also, I just like the idea of somehow using the gzb words
for “brownie” and “comfy” chair in some sort of compound word in Wonderland.
  What exactly does the Mad Hatter eat, and on what does he exactly sit?

                Also, I would guess that in Wonderland folk would use, for
the first person pronoun, the recursive word for “I” that’s mentioned once
in the gzb grammar.

                Just a few thoughts.