When hospitals, urgent cares and PCP's form true HIE's, share records through electronic healthcare records, access healthcare information, make an appointment with the PCP electronically and learn to share the cost and revenues by proving cost reduction via more intelligent resource utilization things might change.  This would create true medical homes for assigned patients.

Robert J. Cooper, M.D.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."-Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my iPhone