From: James Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
To: PED-EM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Nov 17, 2011 9:32 am
Subject: Re: Croup

Surely we are making a clinical judgement as to the severity of presentation,
where they are in the progression of illness, and need for decadron, yes?
Jim Wilson, MD
Colorado, CO

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 16, 2011, at 11:37 PM, SANTIAGO MINTEGUI RASO <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> 1 - Do you give Decadron to all patients with croup? YES
> 2 - Do you give / prescribe more than one dose Decadron? Only one
> 3 - If racemic epi treatment given, how long do you observe before discharge?
At least two hours

> Santi Mintegi
> PED. Hospital de Cruces
> Bilbao. Basque Country
> urgenciaspediatria.hospitalcruces.com
En nombre de Goetz, Kathleen
> Enviado el: jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2011 1:15
> Para: [log in to unmask]
> Asunto: Croup
>
> We are working on a care guideline for kids with croup who do not require
admission.  Seems our common practice varies and does not always match the
current literature...

> 3 questions:
>
> 1 - Do you give Decadron to all patients with croup?
> 2 - Do you give / prescribe more than one dose Decadron?
> 3 - If racemic epi treatment given, how long do you observe before discharge?
>
> Thanks all for your input.
>
> Kathleen Goetz, MD
> Medical Director
> Swedish Pediatric Emergency Services
> Office:  206-386-3313
> ED:  206-386-2573
> Cell: 253-370-7571

message: info PED-EM-L
> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
>                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html
> Antes de imprimir este correo, piense en su responsabilidad y
> compromiso con el MEDIO AMBIENTE.
>
> Inprimatu baino lehen, zure INGURUMENAREKIKO konpromezu eta erantzukizunaz
pentsatu.

message: info PED-EM-L
> The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
>                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: