On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Sylvia Sotomayor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Gary Shannon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I can imagine a nomadic race where personal possessions are considered
>> a burden; ---
>
> Well, I am in the process of moving, and I made some friends come over
> and take a truck-full of stuff from my house. I am very, very grateful
> to them for doing so. They will come back later for another
> truck-full. :-)

Twelve years ago when I last moved everything I owned fit into my VW
van. If I were to move today, I have a slightly larger van now, but
even so I might have to tie the mattress and box spring on the roof.
Other than that, I'm still good to go with my one van load.

So the idea of taking as a gift is not based so much on a fictional
notion as it is on my chosen way of life. :)

--gary