Okay, well, it's seems I've stumbled upon a not-so-popular idea for conworlding. As for Ray, I do believe it is an American thing. Also, I live in what is colloquially known as "The Bible Belt". Everything here revolves around God and the "Christian" way of life so the idea of the end of the world weighs heavily on people's minds. However, I won't go further into that for NCNC reasons.
-----Original Message-----
From: R A Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Constructed Languages List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:45:45
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: It's the End of the World As We Know It

On 10/11/2011 14:23, Brian wrote:
> With 2012 just around the corner and all the hype about
> the end of the world being rumored

What hype? I've not seen or heard any such hype or, for that
matter, rumor.

Is this a north American thing?  If so, I fervently hope &
trust is stays there and doesn't cross the Pond.  As for me,
I'm looking forward to 2012, 2013, 2014 and so on.  When I
reach 100 I may be content - just maybe    ;)

[snip]

> In the real world it seems the Armageddon stories
> dictate [some; most?] people's lives:

Some - definitely only some [a few?] ... and _real_
world????

No Armageddon story has even remotely affected my life, nor
the lives of any of the many people I come across everyday.

The closest I ever got to a conworld was the "Western
Hellenic Alternative Time-Line" (WHATL) I once envisaged for
TAKE.  But while I was very interested in when that
time-line split off from our own time-line, how that
time-line would end simply did not concern me.

--
Ray