On 10 Nov 2011, at 19:16, J. Snow wrote:

> I'm relatively new to the conlang game, and although I have a ways to go
> with my first conlang, Sironu, I'm far enough to where I would like to see what
> other people make of it.
>
> Orthography:
>
> Because Sironu is originally derived from Latin and is largely influenced by
> English and Spanish, the alphabet reflects that. This was done on purpose.
>
> A (alfa)- pronounced like "AH" as in father in General American
> B (bet)
> D (dal)
> E (epo)- pronounced "AY" as in day

Not so much a criticism, but a question. Do you mean the /e/ in "bet"? The "ay" in "day" is /eɪ/. The "e" in Spanish, at least, is the /e/ from "bet": "el mejor"

> É (épa)- pronounced "IH" as in click

As above: the Spanish "i sound" is /i/ (from English "beat")

> F (fi)
> G (gan)
> Jyos- Jyos is somewhat complicated; it is transliterated as the "J" sound when
> at the beginning of a word and in front of a vowel, as I (pronounced "EE" as in
> speed) when at the beginning of a word and followed by a consenant, is inside
> a word and not after an alfa, or at the end of a word, and the "Y" sound when
> inside a word and in front of another vowel.

Slightly Nordic then, rather than Spanish or English, if I understand correctly

> K (kaf)
> L (lam)
> M (mo)
> N (nu)
> P (pil)
> O (oh)- sounded like in Spanish; somewhere between "OH" and "OO"

My Spanish "o" sounds just like my English "o"... And maybe it's your accent, but I can't see where that aligns with "oh" and "oo"

> H (hen)- is silent except when at the beginning of a word, where it says "H"

Unusual, as with, for example French, the reverse is quite true.

> Q (ku)- is pronounced "K"
> R (ram)- is rolled
> S (san)
> T (tas)
> V (vat)
> W (wav)
> X (ix)- pronounced "S"

Fine.

> Z (zi)

I'm guessing as English /z/ in "zoo", right?

> U (ut)- "OO" as in blue
>
> With the exception of "is", all of the letters' names begin with the sound it
> represents.
>
> Grammar:
>
> At the moment, Sironu is SOV

Not Spanish-English, but perfectly fine :)

> The second-to-last syllable is always stressed unless it is a noun of the
> second form of masculine form. (the first form ends in -u, -o, -op, and -ut;
> the second is -x, -k, -ék, and -nox)
>
> Nouns have three genders, feminine-masculine-neuter, and four cases,
> accusative, nominative, dative, and genitive
> -articles and adjectives agree with their nouns

Agree for case, number and gender; or just gender?

> "is" and "kaf" cannot be in front of a or é, and "san" and "kaf" can't be in front
> of u and o. The only exception is the word "su" ("the", masc. form)

Just stick with the Latin alphabet, it makes things so much easier :)

> Verbs are conjugated as past, present and future, and each tense has a
> negative form
> - the word "po" is placed before a verb to make it imperfect (rinneren, (to)
> run, vs. po rinneren, is/am running)

And this doesn't seem very Spanish-English either (just sayin')