On 10 Nov 2011, at 19:43, Krista Casada wrote:

>>> Verbs are conjugated as past, present and future, and each tense
>> has a
>>> negative form
>>> - the word "po" is placed before a verb to make it imperfect
>> (rinneren, (to)
>>> run, vs. po rinneren, is/am running)
>>
>> And this doesn't seem very Spanish-English either (just sayin')
>>

> Actually, it works for me as compared to
> estoy corriendo == I am running (also just sayin').

:-P I meant Spanish conjugates the imperfect according to a paradigm, just as the present, future and preterite. English doesn't really use an imperfect, it's the past continuous, which, just like Spanish, uses auxiliary-be + gerund. I mean, more generally, that English and Spanish both use auxiliary verbs for aspect and conjugate the root stem or suffix for tense, and don't use prefixes.

> Both Spanish and English "feel  (to me) like" you have to have something in front of the main verb for that explicit progressive sense. Maybe it's more a progressive indicator?

I concur. :)