On 21 November 2011 05:23, MorphemeAddict <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Padraic,
> I get the reference, but I don't understand your meaning.

I think that's because what you wrote ("but it's hard to invent something
new that English doesn't have") can be understood in two ways:
- It's difficult, when starting from English only, to imagine linguistic
features that are not already part of the English language (what you meant);
- English has all possible linguistic features, so it's difficult to invent
a new one that is not already part of the English language (how Padraic
interpreted it. given his - probably jest - answer).
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/