On 29.11.2011, at 21:37, Gary Shannon wrote:

> By "taken seriously" I was really referring to someone who honestly
> believes their new or favorite auxlang has a chance to become the
> lingua franca of planet Earth. Auxlangs are fun when treated as
> conlangs, with a lot of interesting issues to discuss and explore. But
> when that turns into some kind of holy mission to convert the whole
> planet to one's favorite auxlang it's not just a waste of time, it
> downright annoying to boot.
>
> --gary

I very much agree with that statement. It does not mean that it is not good that a conlang gains speakers (Toki Pona, Ithkuil and even my feeble Rejistanian did), but the sentiment of a worldwide auxlang are to me unreachable in the current policital climate.

That said, certain auxlangs are quite interesting from a perspective of how they solved certain grammatical problems.