On 30 November 2011 16:07, Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Oh dear.  Have any of you actually *heard* that clip one of those bands has
> up?  I *think* the sound quality is just horrible, but that *might* be part
> of the style -- I know and wish to know nothing about crustcore or
> vomitcore.  If I strain really hard I can make out some of my words being
> tortured to death. *g*

You must be so proud :P .

> Actually, I would consider an article on singing in conlangs incomplete
> without mentioneing that band since they have cut a couple of albums with
> EVERY track in a conlang.  They have "songs" in Klingon and Volapuk and
> quite a number of other languages, even one other of mine, though I've
> never heard that one and they CAN'T possibly have gotten the pronunciation
> right on it -- there simply isn't sufficient documentation available to
> guess and it is very non-trivial.  Now I have to go look the name of that
> band up again.  Looks like its Gleb, though in some places it seems to be
> Glebo and my stuff is on tow of their albums Ni(m)FOmania and Babelo which
> also includes tracks in Brithenig, Breathanach and lojban.  Actually it
> looks like every album they have done has at least included conlang tracks.

Still pales compared to Magma. That French band has been singing
*exclusively* in the Kobaïan language for 10 albums and 40 years! Compared
to that, what's the notability of this other band? :)

> I *think* the Latvian band is called HUGO.

I wonder why they even do it. It's nice to know that conlanging actually
can have an audience that is not formed only of conlangers, but still...
--
Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/