On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, Martin Holmes wrote:

> We've figured it out: it's AdBlock.
>
> The id of the div is "msad", and apparently AdBlock thinks it's an ad, so it
> hides it. If you disable AdBlock and restart your browser, you'll see it.
[...]
> Maybe we could just change the id of that div?

I don't think the TEI should be in the position of renaming metadata components
to suit the shortcomings of imperfect software algorithms. And as we can't
foresee which website users will be viewing page with which extensions enabled,
I think the burden has to be on the users of browser extensions to be aware of
the potential risks of reformatting or selectively deleting content served from
the pages they visit.

David

PO Box 400314, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4314 USA
Email: [log in to unmask]   Tel: +1 434 924 9973