This is interesting.  Our e-textbook initiative also has a rising
profile, though we don't have any services branded with "e-text" which
could be threatened.

When I was hired we talked about "electronic publishing", but we now
more often talk about "digital publishing".  "E-mail" and "e-ink" aside,
it seems to me that the wider world outside of libraries is more likely
to say "digital" for things that were once "electronic" and "e-".

So how about "digital text"?

--Kevin