  Perhaps I'm missing something, but I see nothing there pertaining to
vertical text--i.e., blocks of text running either top-to-bottom and
right-to-left, or bottom-to-top and left-to-right (as in a paragraph or
stanza turned on its side but surrounded by conventional/horizontal text).

Has anyone worked with such texts, both TEI and rendering?

--

Robert Whalen

Director and Editor, The Digital Temple

Professor, Department of English