That the i is superscripted *in relation to* the subscripted b, surely?
I've certainly coded plenty of infralinear additions that themselves
contain supralinear additions, even though said supralinear additions
are infralinear with respect to the body text.

Catching up with email here and somebody has probably already said this.

John