Isn't there the romance association of "Ark Royal" and the suggestion of a colon "Team: GB" which sounds more impressive?

Also, "The British Team" may descend into the politics of "Britain" versus "Great Britain".

Also been used poetically, etc for hundreds of years. "Lake blue" places the emphasis more on "blue" than with "blue lake", as well as helping when it comes to rhyme. :)

Sam Stutter
"No e na il cu barri"