> Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:46:15 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Happy New Year
> To: [log in to unmask]

>  is what I learned, and there is nothing wrong with it. I will probably
> learn traditional eventually, since my ɩ (sister-in-law, specifically my
> older brother's wife) is from Taiwan, but I don't hold one over the other.

In the grand scheme of things, neither do I. I simply enjoy busting people's chops about the w. Though I must admit, having teethed on the traditional in university (and having lived seven years in Taiwan as opposed to my four on the mainland (and loving Hong Kong galore)), I still do find reading whole swathes of w kind of Mao-y and a little aesthetically pooh-pooh. But, Fa.

 Kou