> That's Twilight-speak.  At least I associate the Team X phenom with the
> whole Team Edward/Team Jacob blah-blah.  I don't recall ever hearing it
> before that.  Teenage popculture is invasive and almost guaranteed to
> spread, at least temporarily.

the first exception that comes to mind is "team america: world police"
(2004 movie).  but don't the olympics feature "team canada," etc.?  and
there was a game show in the 90s, whose details i forget, always featuring
"team red" and "team blue."

parallel structures are "club x," "mount x."  may be a europeanism, coming
ultimately from french perhaps, since the construction does not strike me
as intrinsically germanic, but it at least predates the twilight
books/movies.

matt