From: Fred Wu <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, May 27, 2010 9:03:46 PM
Subject: Rapid Strep Test < 2 years old

Hello everyone,

Our PA/NPs are swabbing a lot of kids < 1-2 years old with the rapid strep
test and they're coming back positive. One of our PAs is claiming that he's
had 5-10 positives in the past 2 months. It seems pretty unusual for strep
pharyngitis to be present in a child < 2 years old (from what I recall).

Any thoughts? Is the disease profile changing? They're all carriers?

Thanks,
Fred

message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: