From: Fergus Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, May 31, 2010 8:59:50 PM
Subject: Re: Rapid Strep Test < 2 years old

Anecdotal.  While I'm sympathetic to what happened to you, even you know
that we can't base clinical decisions on one case.  We have to base our
decisions on statistical probability not on one case.  In fact your case
proves what we're saying: antibiotics shouldn't be used in this (or any? age
group.  Didn't make a difference in your case.