Dear colleagues,

We are looking into establishing a policy for ETOH intoxication in our pediatric ED. We frequently have multiple college students presenting with varying degrees of intoxication, and we have thought that it may be helpful to have guidelines that could assist in their management. Does anyone have any policies regarding intoxicated patients, specifically regarding testing, monitoring, treatment, and discharge criteria?

Thank you for your thoughts, Daniela

Daniela Ramirez-Schrempp, MD
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Boston Medical Center - Boston University
91  E. Concord St, Vose 5, Boston, MA 02118
P: 617-414-2568 F: 617-414-439

This electronic transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately as use of this information is strictly prohibited.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html