We are seeking a dynamic leader to become the Division Head of
Emergency Medicine and Medical Director of the Emergency Department  at
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center in Hartford, Connecticut.  Lead a
diverse group of motivated Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians
providing excellent care in the only free-standing children’s hospital
in Connecticut.  We are seeking an individual who is interested in
balancing excellent clinical care, a thriving academic/research career
and a great life.

Connecticut Children’s Medical Center serves Connecticut, western
Massachusetts and northern New York State as a tertiary care center. We
are a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and the pediatric teaching
hospital for the University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine. Our ED
sees more than 50,000 patients a year with support provided by a full
complement of pediatric subspecialties. We have a well established PEM
fellowship and provide clinical education/experience for Pediatrics as
well as Emergency Medicine residents.

Our faculty is involved in a wide range of research including asthma,
injury prevention, emergent pediatric ultrasound and the care of
critically ill children in the emergency department.  We have leadership
roles throughout the hospital in Trauma, Transport, Patient Safety, PALS
training and Morbidity and Mortality.  We are looking to continue to
increase our influence in research and leadership on a regional and
national level.

Candidates must be Board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine, or
have combined Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine certification, 8-10
years of experience, a track record of academic success, and
experience/interest in mentoring the career development of young
faculty.

Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is a tertiary care facility and
the only hospital in the state devoted exclusively to the care of
children. The 132-bed facility is the home of the University of
Connecticut School of Medicine’s residency program in pediatrics.
Connecticut Children’s Specialty Group, Inc. is a 130+ physician,
multi-specialty pediatric group (medical & surgical), which is closely
affiliated with Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.

Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is located in Hartford,
Connecticut.  The area is known for its beautiful towns with excellent
schools and an abundance of recreational activities.  Hartford is
perfectly situated within easy driving distance from Boston, New York,
the beaches of Long Island Sound and Cape Cod, and the mountains of
Vermont, New York and New Hampshire.

For further information, please submit inquiries regarding this
opportunity along with CV to the Chair of the Search Committee:

William T. Zempsky, MD
Head, Division of Pain and Palliative Medicine
Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Professor of Pediatrics
University of Connecticut School of Medicine
282 Washington Street
Hartford, CT 06106
860-545-9041
Fax 860-545-8661