I have had excellent results with hylenex. More than a few cases where an IV could not be started and we were able to use the subcutaneous hydration alternative. I can't express how happy those parents were!  They just wished we had started with it instead.
I am by no means an expert as compared to many other institutions but from my point of view, it's a nice back up for those tough sticks.
Chris

Christopher S. Amato,MD FACEP, FAAP
Sent from my iPhone

                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html