-----Original Message-----
From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eugene Izsak
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 2:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Stroke Certification ?

A question to the List.
We are a 24Hr/7Day Peds ED within a general ED.  My question concerns
"Stroke Certification".  Our main ED is stroke certified and all our
General EPs are NIHSS stroke certified, recently we had a teenager with
traumatic carotid dissection and stroke symptoms, now the question is
should the Peds EPs be stroke certified.  My thoughts are that this case
is
not the intent behind the NIHSS Stroke Certification.
Any of you in a similar circumstance and what happened at your
institution?
Thanks in advance.
Eugene Izsak MD
Toledo, OHIO

--
"I would rather be the kind of person who makes molehills out of
mountains,

message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html