But do they have the disease?  A pos strep and a high fever isn't something I'd treat.  Not unless it's a classic throat picture.  Usually these kiddies have a red throat with fever and I wouldn't treat that in spite of the +RST.  I also consider the fact the incidence of a neg rxn to a drug is higher than the amount of improvement such that they're really better off without Abs.